How to make a wine bottle lamp
The idea of making something out of scratch excites even those not so creative people, and, combining the idea of lamps with wine bottles creates beautiful and cheap decorative items. Here are the instructions for you to craft it:
THINGS YOU’LL USE
First of all, let’s pay attention to the items and materials needed and make sure you’ve got them all:
- A bottle of wine
- Lamp Light Kit or Make a Lamp Kit
- The Light Bulb (It’s included on the Make a Lamp Kit)
- Shade for the Lamp
- Bottle Stopper
- Masonry Drill Bit
- Security Equipment
HOW TO MAKE A WINE BOTTLE LAMP
- Drink all the wine (best part)
- Wash the bottle, so there’s no wine left in it
- Start drilling the bottle with the 3/8” bit (Drill slowly at the bottom, in vertical if you can. Remember, if you do it too fast, there’s a chance of breaking the glass).
- Make sure there are no sharp edges at the hole.
- Pass the wire through the bottle until the top
- Join the wire with the bulb with the instructions on the box of the kit
- Put the lamp on the bulb
After the crafting process is done you’ll choose a shade that you like and combine it with the rest and everything is done, you learned how to make a wine bottle lamp! More suggestions on these are to build a base for the bottle or even decorate it with drawings and painting.