Did you promise to install your girlfriend’s fan? Did you finally move into your own apartment? Well don’t worry plenty of people find themselves confused once they bring home a new ceiling fan.
We have put together a list of guidelines you need to follow when mounting a ceiling fan. Even though they are pretty simple they will go a long way in making the whole process a success.
Safety rules to follow when installing a ceiling fan
- Shut of all the power at the circuit breaker before you begin
- Remove all obstacles present at the installation site such as furniture
- Use a UL listed outlet box labeled ”Acceptable for fan support’’
- Make sure you read all of the manufacturer’s instructions and safety guideline.
Finding the best location for mounting a ceiling fan
The right spot for your fan should have the following features:
- It should be at least 8 feet from the ground
- Before mounting a ceiling fan you must make sure that the surface has no cracks or defects
- Once installed the fan blades should be at least 7 feet from the ground and 8 inches from the ceiling
- The blades should also be at least 20 inches from any obstructions e.g. doors, cabinets etc.
Another important consideration before you start mounting a ceiling fan is whether you can lift 40 pounds. If not, just do the right thing
and ask a friend to help you! Try these tips out and tell us how your installation process works out.
View price and Buy